Due to COVID 19, our sessions and office will look a lot different this year. However, we promise to continue to deliver quality services filled with fun and love!
Check out our new changes:
- Your car is our new waiting room! In order to limit the amount of people entering Communication Station, all parents are asked to wait in the car.
- Please arrive 5 minutes early and text your speech-language pathologist (SLP) when you are in the parking lot.
- Your SLP will come out to the parking lot, take your child’s temperature, and complete the COVID 19 Screening Assessment. A temperature over 100.0 will result in a cancellation.
- In the event that an adult would need to enter our building, your temperature would also be taken and a COVID 19 Screening Assessment would need to be completed.
- The bathroom is available however we ask that anyone who uses it please wipe down the bathroom with the provided cleaning products. All children must go to the bathroom with a guardian.
- All providers will wear masks and sometimes shields throughout the entire speech therapy session.
- Children must wear a mask provided by the family when entering and leaving Communication Station. When in a therapy room, children will be allowed to remove their mask and wear a face shield that they bring.
- Children must wash their hands immediately using proper hand washing procedures or hand sanitizer. Please inform your provider if you do not want them to use hand sanitizer.
- Children are not allowed to bring personal items to speech therapy.
- Social distancing will be followed in the therapy room.
- Unfortunately, our providers will not be able to use our typical therapy materials (i.e. games, flash cards, shared crayon boxes, etc.). However, they will still be delivering quality service.
- All children are required to bring a pencil box filled with new crayons, 6 glue sticks, and scissors. The supplies will remain in the office for the entire school year.
- .If your child displays any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting/nausea, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, etc. please contact your SLP to switch to a teletherapy session or cancel the session.
- At the end of the session, the SLP will bring your child to your car to discuss the session and obtain your signature for billing purposes.
We look forward to working with your child and family!
Please remember to bring the following items to your first in person speech therapy session at Communication Station:
- Face masks (must be worn throughout the entire session)
- Face shield (if the child is going to remove their mask)
- Pencil box
- New set of crayons
- 6 Glue sticks
- Preschool scissors